Balancing Point Acupuncture
Own a lucrative acupuncture practice in Mesa, Arizona
Learn more about this extraordinary opportunity to step into a profitable practice in a gorgeous area, currently offered at an amazing price!
Unique opportunity to own a thriving all-cash acupuncture practice just outside of the growing Phoenix metro area. Balancing Point Acupuncture, LLC (BPA), currently the acupuncture practice of Linda L Scott, LAc, is located in a busy medical office complex in Mesa, Arizona. It is easily accessible to the entire East Valley, which includes Gilbert, Chandler, Tempe, Apache Junction, and Scottsdale--a vast population of potential clients.
This highly reputable clinic has always made a profit, even throughout the Covid pandemic. With a diverse and health-conscious population and consistent return business, the opportunity to have an abundant practice drawing from a major metropolitan area is available from the moment you step in.
Imagine making over $70,000 per year working no more than three days a week with plenty of time off for vacation.
Low overhead, years of records, and consistent patient flow mean you’ll continue to keep your costs predictably low. The reputation of this practice keeps a steady flow of new patients coming in. Add more hours, accept insurance, and/or do some marketing, and you have the chance to add even more success to an already prosperous practice.
Whether you are a new practitioner or an established clinician, Balancing Point Acupuncture, LLC offers you a complete, well-established practice that is ready to produce for you. Take advantage of this rare opportunity to run a proven practice in one of the most sought-after locations in the country. Call or email us today, come by and spend some time with us, and be thriving in 2022.
Learn much more below.
Income & Expenses
Opportunities for Growth
Video & Photos
- Mesa is Arizona’s third largest city and the center of the East Valley suburbs of the Phoenix Metropolitan Area.
- It has a population of just over 500,000, with easy access to millions more who live throughout the Phoenix Metroplex—the fastest-growing area in the United States.
- All who live here enjoy front row seats to abundant sunshine, limitless outdoor activities, and unforgettable sunsets.
- The perfect aesthetics stretch beyond the picturesque desert, with many museums, top-tier restaurants, farmer’s markets, and retail establishments. There is always something new to explore in the heart of Arizona!
- The clinic is located in a medical office complex in the upscale Dana Landing area.
- The 700-square-foot space consists of a waiting/reception area, two treatment rooms, and a shared bathroom
- The space is tastefully decorated with a spa-like feel, and the office is visible from the complex entrance, with prominent and impressive signage.
- The clinic has convenient parking, and easy access to a major highway and public transportation.
- BPA is a general practice, seeing everything from acute orthopedic conditions to chronic issues that have not responded to other medical interventions. That said, the current owner is a specialist in women’s health, including pregnancy and fertility, stress, and headaches.
- The patient population ranges from teenagers to adults.
- Most of the current patient load consists of people between the ages of 30 and 75, with about a 4:1 mix of women to men.
- Patients come from a wide geographic area, mostly in the East Valley area of Phoenix metro.
- While the practice’s exceptional Web presence brings in many new patients, word of mouth plus a well-established local practitioner referral network account for most new patient visits at this time.
- BPA is 100% cash pay – no insurance billing! The AcuPartner Software System contains over 900 patient records.
- Patient information, chart notes and scheduling are all kept in both paper format and digitally.
- BPA has remained profitable through Covid and has steadily increased in volume.
- The current owner is happy to provide years of past calendars to prove consistent patient volume.
While trained in TCM Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine, the current owner also utilizes Dr Tan, Master Tung, Japanese styles, Scalp acupuncture, and Auricular acupuncture. Cupping and Gua Sha are also used. Herbal medicines are prescribed from an in-house pharmacy that includes tablet and tea pill formulas, primarily from Health Concerns, Golden Flower, and Mayway.
The following income and expense summaries are derived from an average of income and adjusted* expenses from 2017-2020. Note that the current owner has office hours 2-3 days per week and takes up to three weeks of vacation per year.
Average gross yearly revenue (4 years): $71,175 ($5,931/month)
Average adjusted* expenses: $24,425 yearly ($2,035/month)
*Adjusted expenses are the net expenses that a new owner would have to take on in order to run the business at the same level of revenue as the current owner
Average $46,751 per year (~$3,896 /month)
- The price is based on a conservative professional valuation of almost $90,000, with an average yearly gross of over $70,000 for the past several years.
- The owner’s motivation to sell in a timely fashion has allowed her to generously factor in a discount off of the valued price for potential attrition and start-up costs on change of ownership. She expects the right person will retain her patients and transition smoothly, making this a great opportunity for the buyer.
- The purchase will be structured as an asset purchase agreement and may be drawn up between buyer and seller (preferred) or by attorneys, at the discretion and by agreement of both parties.
- Approval of the buyer is subject to a credit check, and loans from medical practice brokers, banks, or the Small Business Administration (SBA) may be available to finance the transaction depending on the buyer’s creditworthiness.
- Upon purchase, the new owner will receive all patient records and equipment, in addition to any supplement inventory.
- The current owner will also transfer to the new owner all clinic-related intellectual property, including the clinic phone number, website, social media accounts, claimed Yelp page, Google and Google Maps account details, AcuPartner Software, and clinic-related financials.
- The current owner will facilitate interaction with the landlord in order to secure favorable lease terms.
- The current owner’s goal is to surrender the practice by the end of Spring 2022. She would be willing to stay on for a limited time to train a new owner in her techniques and to assist in the transition, if so desired by the new owner, at no additional cost.
While the current practice nets a healthy return, a motivated buyer could significantly increase their income upon acquisition through a number of simple changes.
- Work more hours – The current owner works 2-3 days per week and no weekends. The office space is available 24/7. Working more hours would obviously increase revenue. This has been proven in past years when the current owner chose to work 3-4 days per week and saw a proportional increase in revenue.
- Add additional practitioners – In addition to or in lieu of working more hours, the practice could easily support at least one more provider during the times when the office is unoccupied.
- Rent out space - The practice has plenty of space available during the times when the office is unoccupied. Treatment rooms may be rented out part- or full-time and can be negotiated in the new lease with the landlord.
- Accept insurance - BPA is proud to be a low-maintenance, all-cash practice. An enterprising new owner could certainly attract more business by accepting and billing insurance. This may include patients from the Veteran’s Administration, which has just completed a new center nearby.
- Do some marketing - The practice currently does very little marketing outside of its web presence. There is a database full of patient information that could be used for marketing directly to current and former patients, but the clinic has been busy enough that these resources have not been leveraged. Doing any kind of additional marketing would create more opportunities for an increase in new patients and a return of pre-existing patients.
- Improve online presence - The current owner has been successful without putting too much effort into creating an ongoing online presence. Blogging, improving the website, paid online marketing, soliciting reviews, and doing some email marketing all hold great potential to improve awareness of the clinic in order to generate more revenue.
- Sell more supplements - Only about 5% of patients currently take a limited smattering of herbal medicine. Giving a greater percentage of patients the option of supplements offers another opportunity for increased revenue.
Photos of the Clinic (click to enlarge)
Take advantage of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to step into an established, turn-key practice in a gorgeous, growing town! Call (480) 204-5395 or click here to email us today.
Copyright 2021 - Balancing Point Acupuncture, LLC