Nourishing Life Acupuncture
Port Townsend, Washington
Own a lucrative acupuncture practice in gorgeous Port Townsend, Washington
Learn more about this extraordinary opportunity to step into a profitable practice in a gorgeous area, currently offered at an amazing price!
Unique opportunity to own a lucrative, high-net practice in the coastal community of Port Townsend, Washington. Nourishing Life Acupuncture, currently the Chinese medicine practice of Jennifer and Barclay Calvert, is located on the gorgeous Olympic Peninsula with easy access to both privacy and play. With a health-conscious population and 15 years of return business, the opportunity to have an abundant practice in a vacation wonderland is available from the moment you step in.
Imagine making over $250,000 per year working four days per week while taking up to eight weeks off per year. No marketing necessary—the reputation of this practice keeps a steady flow of new patients streaming in. Low overhead, years of records, and consistent patient flow mean you’ll continue to keep your costs predictably low.
Add more hours, hire an associate, and/or sublease some of your space, and you have the chance to add even more success to an already prosperous practice.
Whether you are a practitioner who is just starting out, or an established clinician with some years under your belt, Nourishing Life offers you the chance to hit the ground running. Step into this rare, once-in-a-lifetime, turn-key opportunity to run the practice of your dreams in one of the most historic, tranquil, and enchanting areas in the country. Call or email us today, come by and spend some time with us, and be thriving in a few short months.
Learn much more below.
Income & Expenses
Opportunities for Growth
Video & Photos
- Located a short ferry ride from Seattle, Port Townsend is ideally located for easy access, while being a world away.
- Perched at the northeast tip of Washington’s Olympic Peninsula, Port Townsend is a magical combination of land and sea, with panoramic views of the water on three sides, as well as the Olympic and Cascade Mountain ranges.
- The city of 10,000 blends a working waterfront, mid-to-late 1800s charm, beautiful parks, and a vibrant arts culture.
- Modest in size, the town is remarkable for the number of independent specialty boutiques snuggled up in its 19th-century brick buildings.
- It’s no wonder National Geographic has called Port Townsend “one of the most sophisticated places west of Seattle.”
- The 1,600-foot clinic has been a medical office since the 1970s and is located in the heart of town.
- Patients enter a reception area with a lending library and tea bar. The waiting room seats six with views of the mountains and a reception desk.
- The office has a community clinic treatment room, four individual treatment rooms, a utility room, and a handicap-accessible bathroom.
- The space is modern and tastefully decorated, and the clinic maintains a close relationship with nearby health providers and the local community, from which it receives many referrals.
- Nourishing Life is a non-specialty practice, seeing everything from subclinical and acute orthopedic conditions to chronic issues that have not responded to other medical interventions. The patient population has spanned from infants to great grandparents, and everyone in between.
- The practice consists of both a private and a community clinic, both of which feed into one another.
- Patients without insurance pay a lower, cash rate in the community clinic, while about 70% of patients in the private clinic have insurance that covers much of the cost of their treatments.
- The practice currently averages about 80 patient visits per week and has had a long waiting list for years.
- Most patients are from communities within 25 miles of the office. Given the owners’ long history in the area, almost all patients are referred by word-of-mouth.
- The clinic has had long term referral relationships with the local healthcare system, as well as naturopaths, chiropractors, massage therapists, and other allied professionals.
- New patients also come through the practice’s exceptional online presence.
While trained in standard acupuncture and traditional Chinese medical techniques, the current owners have studied and integrated into the practice a wide variety of allied modalities. These include the Richard Tan Balance Method and Master Tung points, Japanese styles, palpation techniques, qi gong, moxa, cupping, and nutrition and lifestyle counseling. Most patients are treated with acupuncture and prescribed herbal medicines and supplements.
The following income and expense summaries are derived from an average of income and adjusted* expenses from 2017-2021. Note that the current owners work four days per week and take up to eight weeks off per year.
Average gross yearly revenue (5 years): $270,789 ($22,566/month)
Average adjusted expenses: $130,855 yearly ($10,904/month)
*Adjusted expenses are the net expenses that a new owner would have to take on in order to run the business at the same level of revenue as the current owner
Average $139,934 per year ($11,661/month)
- The price is based on a conservative professional valuation of $220,900, with an average yearly gross of more than $270,000 for the past several years.
- The owners’ motivation to sell in a timely fashion has allowed them to generously factor in a significant discount off the valued price for potential attrition and start-up costs on change of ownership. They expect the right person will retain their patients and transition smoothly, making this a great opportunity for the buyer.
- The purchase will be structured as an asset purchase agreement and may be drawn up between buyer and seller (preferred) or by attorneys, at the discretion and by agreement of both parties.
- Approval of the buyer is subject to a credit check, and loans from medical practice brokers, banks, or the Small Business Administration (SBA) may be available to finance the transaction depending on the buyer’s creditworthiness.
- Upon purchase, the new owners will receive all patient records and equipment. The current owners will also transfer to the new owner all clinic-related intellectual property, including the clinic phone number, website, claimed Yelp page, FullSlate calendar software, AcuClaims EHR and billing system, and clinic-related financials.
- A smart buyer may also be interested in purchasing the building along with the practice. If, however, the buyer does not want to purchase the building as part of the sale, the current owners will act as landlords and are happy to establish favorable lease terms.
- The current owners’ goal is to surrender the practice as soon as is practicable. They would be willing to stay on for a limited time to train a new owner in their techniques and to assist in the transition, if so desired by the new owner.
While the current practice nets a healthy return, a motivated buyer could significantly increase their income upon acquisition through a number of simple changes.
- Work more hours – The current owners have office hours four days per week and take a lot of time off, leaving plenty of room to work more hours in the clinic, which would obviously increase revenue.
- Add additional practitioners – In addition to or in lieu of working more hours, the practice could easily support multiple providers during times when the office is unoccupied.
- Do some marketing - The practice does very little marketing outside of its web presence. There is a database and many file cabinets full of patient information that could be used for marketing directly to current and former patients, but the clinic has been busy enough that these resources have not been leveraged. Doing any kind of additional marketing would create more opportunities for an increase in new patients and a return of pre-existing patients.
- Improve online presence - The current owners have been successful without putting too much effort into creating an ongoing online presence. Blogging, improving the website, use of social media, paid online marketing, and doing some email marketing all hold great potential to improve awareness of the clinic in order to generate more revenue.
Photos of the Clinic (click to enlarge)
Take advantage of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to step into an established, turn-key practice in a gorgeous town! Call (360) 379-6798 or click here to email us today.
Copyright 2022 - Nourishing Life, Inc.