Alternative Natural Healthcare
Bonita Springs, Florida
Unique opportunity to own an all-cash acupuncture practice in Bonita Springs, Florida
Step into this rare, once-in-a-lifetime, turn-key opportunity to run the practice of your dreams. Call or email us today, come by and spend some time with us, and be thriving in a couple of short months!
Alternative Natural Healthcare (ANH), currently the acupuncture and Chinese medicine practice of Michelle Brown, is centrally located in downtown Bonita Springs. With an open-minded, health-conscious population and years of consistent return business, the opportunity for an abundant practice is available from day one.
Imagine making well over $100,000 per year working no more than 3 days per week, with up to 9 weeks off for vacation. No additional marketing necessary—the reputation of this practice keeps a steady flow of new patients streaming in.
Low overhead and consistent patient flow mean you’ll continue to keep your costs predictably low. Add more hours, accept insurance, or do some marketing, and you have the chance to add even more success to an already prosperous practice.
Whether you are a practitioner who is just starting out, or an established clinician with some years under your belt, ANH offers you the chance to hit the ground running. Step into this rare, once-in-a-lifetime, turn-key opportunity to run the practice of your dreams in one of the fastest growing, most beautiful and sought-after areas in the country. Call or email us today, come by and spend some time with us, and be thriving in a couple of short months.
Learn much more below.
- The Setting
- Patient Demographics
- Modalities Utilized
- Opportunities for Growth
- Lee County sits along the southwest coast of Florida with over 50 miles of beaches between Boca Grande and Bonita Springs, and is the third-fastest growing metropolitan area in the United States.
- About one million people call the area home, and the population doubles in the winter, as snowbirds come in droves from October to May.
- The city of Bonita Springs is a gorgeous natural area just north of Naples with delightful homes and cottages lining the beach, and new golf course communities dominating interior lands.
- Enjoy great fishing and boating on the backwaters or walk the miles of pristine beaches both here and on surrounding barrier islands.
- Outstanding educational, medical, dental, and cultural facilities combine with a dynamic business and employment environment to create a progressive community that continues to retain that special Southwest Florida charm.
- The 1,100-square-foot clinic was built out in 2016 and is centrally located in a small shopping plaza near many high-end gated communities.
- It has a reception area, two treatment rooms with sinks, a classroom space, an office area with work station and patient file area storage space, and one ADA-compliant bathroom.
- Abundant parking and public transportation are also available, and the office has been tastefully decorated.
- ANH is a non-specialty practice, seeing a broad array of sub-clinical and acute conditions as well as chronic issues that have not responded to other medical interventions.
- Our patient population spans children and teens to great grandparents, and most everyone between. That said, we tend to see more women than men, most over 50 years old.
- The practice is 100% cash-based—no insurance billing!
- Most of our patients come from communities within 20 miles of our office.
- Given our history in the area, many of our patients are referred by word-of-mouth, while some come through our online presence.
- The current owner is happy to provide years of past calendars to prove consistent patient volume.
- We've been quite uncomplicated in the methods we use to treat our patients, primarily employing simple Zang-Fu and channel theory diagnosis and treatment methodologies.
- Our initial consults are western physical exams followed by TCM syndrome differentiation diagnosis. We also do Department of Transportation physicals, Vitamin B injections, laser therapy, and BIO mat therapy, among other modalities. Most patients also receive herbs, homeopathic remedies, supplements, CBD and/or essential oils.
The following income and expense summaries are derived from an average of income and expenses from YE2016-2018. Note that Dr. Brown works out of two rooms, up to three days per week, and takes up to nine weeks off per year.
- Average gross yearly revenue (3 years): $141,881 ($11,823/mo)
- Average adjusted expenses: $41,584 yearly ($3,465/mo)
*Adjusted expenses are the net expenses that a new owner would have to take on in order to run the business at the same level of revenue as the current owner. Thus, elective variable expenses such as continuing education, transportation, etc. are removed from gross expenses to calculate adjusted expenses. Take-home pay for the owner is included in adjusted expenses at the same level the current owner is paid.
- Average $100,297/year (~$8,358/month) – Over 70% of revenue is profit after expenses.
- $87,500 OBO. Our price is based on a conservative professional valuation of just under $120,000, with an average yearly gross of over $140,000 for the past several years.
- Our motivation to sell in a timely fashion has allowed us to generously factor in a 25% discount off of the valued price for potential attrition and start-up costs on change of ownership. We expect the right person will retain our patients and transition smoothly, making this a great opportunity for the buyer.
- The purchase will be structured as an asset purchase agreement and may be drawn up between buyer and seller (preferred) or by attorneys, at the discretion and by agreement of both parties.
- Approval of the buyer is subject to a credit check, and loans from medical practice brokers, banks, or the Small Business Administration (SBA) may be available to finance the transaction depending on the buyer’s creditworthiness.
- The seller may be willing to hold a loan for the right buyer.
- Upon purchase, the new owner will receive all patient records and equipment, in addition to supplement inventory.
- The current owner will also transfer to the new owner all clinic-related intellectual property, including the clinic phone number, website, Facebook page, and clinic-related financial records.
- The landlord is willing to transfer the lease and the current owner will facilitate interaction with the landlord in order to secure favorable lease terms.
- The current owner’s goal is to surrender the practice by Summer 2019. She would be willing to stay on for a mutually-agreed upon length of time to train a new owner in her techniques and to assist in the transition, if so desired by the new owner, at no additional cost.
While the current practice nets a healthy return, a motivated buyer could significantly increase their income upon acquisition through a number of simple changes.
- Work more hours. Given that the current owner only works up to 3 days per week, working more days would obviously increase revenue.
- Add additional practitioners. In addition to or in lieu of working more hours, the practice could easily support at least one more provider during the times when the office is unoccupied.
- Accept insurance. We are proud to be a low-maintenance, all-cash practice. An enterprising new owner could certainly attract more business if desired by accepting and billing insurance.
- Add additional office space. The current owner works out of two treatment rooms. A new owner could easily convert the practitioner office and/or classroom to additional treatment space to generate additional revenue.
- Do additional marketing. We have a database full of patient information that could be used for marketing directly to current and former patients, but we have been busy enough that we have not been using it extensively. Doing any kind of additional marketing would create more opportunities for an increase in new patients and a return of pre-existing patients. Further blogging, improving the website, social media, paid online marketing, and email marketing all hold great potential to improve awareness of the clinic in order to generate more revenue.
Take advantage of this exceptional opportunity to run your own high-profit, low maintenance, all-cash practice in a great neighborhood. Fill out the contact form below, call (239) 209-4210, or email [email protected] today.
Copyright 2022 - Alternative Natural Healthcare, LLC