Blue Sky Acupuncture, LLC
Own a lucrative acupuncture practice in Oregon's famous Willamette Valley
Learn more about this extraordinary opportunity to step into a profitable practice in a gorgeous area, currently offered at an amazing price!
Unique opportunity to own a lucrative, high net practice in the gorgeous town of McMinnville, Oregon. Blue Sky Acupuncture, currently the acupuncture and herbal medicine practice of Lisa Pool, is located in the heart of Oregon’s world-famous Willamette Valley wine region and less than an hour from the state’s two largest cities. With a health-conscious population and 15 years of consistent return business, the opportunity to have an abundant practice drawing from a wide geographic area is available from the moment you step in.
Imagine making $170,000 per year working only three days per week with up to five weeks of vacation per year. No marketing necessary—the reputation of this practice keeps a steady flow of new patients streaming in.
Low overhead, years of records, and consistent patient flow mean you’ll continue to keep your costs predictably low. Add more hours, do some marketing, and/or rent out some of your space, and you have the chance to add even more success to an already prosperous practice.
Whether you are a practitioner who is just starting out, or an established clinician with some years under your belt, Blue Sky Acupuncture offers you the chance to hit the ground running. Step into this rare, once-in-a-lifetime, turn-key opportunity to run the practice of your dreams in one of the most beautiful areas in the country. Call or email us today, come by and spend some time with us, and be thriving in a few short months.
Learn much more below.
Income & Expenses
Opportunities for Growth
Video & Photos
- McMinnville, Oregon is a warmhearted town of about 33,000 residents located in the heart of the Willamette Valley, Oregon’s world-famous wine region.
- It is not too close – or too far – from the bustle of Oregon’s largest cities, Portland and Salem, with both less than an hour away.
- With over 220 wineries to sip and an overwhelming amount of farm-to-table and artisan dining experiences, the town is surrounded by hills lined with vineyards.
- Hazelnut orchards and wheat fields spread across the valley while Mt. Hood rises in the distance.
- McMinnville is a hub for those who appreciate the laid-back style of a small town with great taste.
- Whether it’s the nostalgic feeling of walking below the majestic maple trees lining the historic, award-winning downtown’s shopping district, the abundance of opportunity for outdoor adventure, or the satisfying sensation of drinking some of the world’s best wine from a vineyard just down the road, McMinnville has something for everyone.
- The clinic is located on one of the town’s main thoroughfares, walking distance to downtown, in a single-story building that has been filled exclusively with medical practitioners for decades.
- It consists of a waiting/reception area, five treatment rooms (the majority of which have a hand-washing sink and counter), two bathrooms, and abundant storage space and parking.
- The space is modern and tastefully decorated, and the clinic maintains a close relationship with nearby health providers and the local community, from which it receives many referrals.
- Blue Sky Acupuncture is a non-specialty practice, seeing everything from subclinical and acute orthopedic conditions to chronic issues that have not responded to other medical interventions.
- Current specialties include digestive problems, women's health issues, fertility, allergies, and chronic pain.
- The patient population has spanned from infants to great grandparents and everyone in between. That said, the majority of the current patient load consists of women between the ages of 25 and 60.
- Most patients continue to come in for maintenance on a consistent basis, and a majority of current patients have insurance that covers their treatments.
- Most patients are from communities within 25 miles of the office.
- Given the owner’s long history in the area, almost all patients are referred by word-of-mouth, and some come through the practice’s online presence.
- The current owner is happy to provide years of past calendars to prove consistent patient volume.
- The current owner has been quite uncomplicated in the methods she uses to treat patients, primarily employing simple Zang-Fu and channel theory diagnosis and treatment methodologies.
- She often employs the Richard Tan Balance Method and Master Tung points for issues related to pain and does some cupping.
- She mostly treats patients with acupuncture, prescribing herbal medicine and supplements to less than 10% of her patients.
The following income and expense summaries are derived from an average of income and adjusted* expenses from 2019-2021. Note that the current owner has office hours three days per week and takes up to five weeks off per year.
Average gross yearly revenue (3 years): $178,247 ($14,854/month)
Average adjusted expenses: $57,593 yearly ($4,799/month)
Average $120,654 per year ($10,055/month)
*Adjusted expenses are the net expenses that a new owner would have to take on to run the business at the same level of revenue as the current owner. Thus, elective variable expenses such as continuing education, transportation, etc. are removed from gross expenses to calculate adjusted expenses. Salary for the owner is included in adjusted expenses at the same level the current owner is paid.
- The price is based on a conservative professional valuation of $153,236 with an average yearly gross of $178,247 for the past several years.
- The owner’s motivation to sell in a timely fashion has allowed her to generously factor in a nearly 50% discount off the valued price for potential attrition and start-up costs on change of ownership. She expects the right person will retain her patients and transition smoothly, making this a great opportunity for the buyer.
- The purchase will be structured as an asset purchase agreement and may be drawn up between buyer and seller (preferred) or by attorneys, at the discretion and by agreement of both parties.
- Approval of the buyer is subject to a credit check, and loans from medical practice brokers, banks, or the Small Business Administration (SBA) may be available to finance the transaction depending on the buyer’s creditworthiness.
- The seller may also be willing to hold a loan for the right buyer.
- The clinic currently employs one part-time receptionist who handles phones, billing, scheduling, and does some bookkeeping. She may be willing to stay on with a new owner and/or help in the transition at the prerogative of the new owner.
- The office also has a sublessee who is a massage therapist. She provides ancillary passive income to the practice and would also be interested in staying on.
- Upon purchase, the new owner will receive all patient records and equipment in addition to any supplement inventory.
- The current owner will also transfer to the new owner all clinic-related intellectual property, including the clinic phone number, website, claimed Yelp page, JaneApp EHR, scheduling and billing system, and clinic-related financials.
- The current practice is a combination of cash paying patients and insurance. The owner is credentialed with BCBS, Providence and Oregon Health Plans. Compensation from these three in-network companies are the highest available and do not require prior authorization or referrals. The current owner will help you get credentialed as needed.
- The landlord is willing to transfer the lease or start a new one, and the current owner will facilitate interaction with the landlord in order to secure favorable lease terms.
While the current practice nets a healthy return, a motivated buyer could significantly increase their income upon acquisition through a number of simple changes.
- Work more hours – The current owner has office hours three days per week, leaving plenty of room to work more hours in the clinic, which would obviously increase revenue.
- Add additional practitioners – In addition to or in lieu of working more hours, the practice could easily support at least one more provider during times when the office is unoccupied
- Add a sublessee – If the new owner kept that same three-day-per-week schedule as the current owner, there is plenty of room for another allied practitioner to rent space in the office.
- Accept more insurance – The current practice is a combination of cash paying patients and insurance. The owner is credentialed with 3 insurance companies. A new practitioner could easily expand practice by taking additional insurance companies.
- Do some marketing - The practice does no marketing outside of its web presence. There are file cabinets and a database full of patient information that could be used for marketing directly to current and former patients, but the clinic has been busy enough that these resources have not been leveraged. Doing any kind of additional marketing would create more opportunities for an increase in new patients and a return of pre-existing patients.
- Improve online presence - The current owner has been successful without putting too much effort into creating an online presence. Blogging, upgrading the website, paid online marketing, and doing some email marketing all hold great potential to improve awareness of the clinic in order to generate more revenue.
- Sell more supplements - Only a very small number of patients currently take a limited smattering of herbal medicines. Giving a greater percentage of patients the option of herbs and supplements offers another opportunity for increased revenue.
About McMinnville, Oregon
Photos of the Clinic (click to enlarge)
Take advantage of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to step into an established, turn-key practice in a gorgeous location! Call (503) 504-7406 or click here to email us today.
Copyright 2022 - Blue Sky Acupuncture, LLC