San Francisco, California
Own a lucrative, all-cash acupuncture, chiropractic & functional medicine practice in San Francisco
Learn more about this extraordinary opportunity to step into a turn-key practice in a central location!
Unique opportunity to own a lucrative, high net, all cash, all-referral practice in the heart of the San Francisco financial district. Optimal Health is an east/west approach that includes acupuncture, chiropractic, physiotherapy, nutritional supplements and Chinese herbs. With an affluent, health- conscious population rooted in the local tech community and decades of consistent return business, the opportunity to continue and expand this abundant, low-maintenance practice is available from day one.
Picture yourself taking home (net) an average of $284,376 per year working only part-time, seeing patients every 30 to 60 minutes without being rushed and stressed with plenty of time off for vacations. No marketing necessary—the reputation of this practice keeps a steady flow of new and established patients streaming in.
Low overhead, years of records, and consistent high dollar per patient flow mean you’ll continue to keep your costs predictably low. Add more hours, accept insurance, or do some marketing, and you have the chance to add even more success to an already prosperous practice.
Whether you are a practitioner who is just starting out, or an established clinician with some years under your belt, Optimal Health offers you the chance to hit the ground running. Step into this rare, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to run the practice of your dreams in one of the most beautiful, vibrant, and sought-after areas in the country, and one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. Call or email us today, come by and spend some time with us, and be thriving in a couple of short months.
Learn much more below.
Income & Expenses
Opportunities for Growth
Video & Photos
- The City of San Francisco has close to 900,000 residents, with about 4.7 million people residing within the greater San Francisco Metropolitan Area.
- It is the cultural and financial center of the western United States, and one of the country’s most cosmopolitan cities.
- U.S. News & World Report ranks San Francisco as the top place to visit in all of California, and in the top-20 for the whole planet.
- It is also ranked as the top “foodie” destination in the country and is known for its exceptional educational institutions and for being at the epicenter of the technology industry.
- For almost 40 years, the clinic has been based in the financial district of San Francisco.
- It’s a short walk to the Ferry Terminal as well as BART, the Bay Area’s Rapid Transit which permits millions of people around the Bay to easily access the city.
- With its central location and easy transit access, it is hardly a surprise that this bustling neighborhood is also home to some of the region's (and the world’s) biggest tech companies.
- The office suite is located in a mixed-use building and consists of a reception and admin area, 3 treatment rooms, and a bathroom in the hallway shared with other tenants on the same floor.
- As the name suggests, Optimal Health is a non-specialty practice, seeing everything from subclinical and acute orthopedic conditions to chronic issues that have not responded to other medical interventions.
- Current specialties include pain, allergies, digestive problems and women's health issues.
- The patient population spans from teenagers to great grandparents and everyone in between.
- Most patients continue to come in for maintenance on a consistent basis, and all patients pay in full at the time of service. No insurance billing!
- Most patients are affluent tech workers, bankers, and executives, and many patients have been coming in for years.
- The practice does no consistent marketing, and new patients often come through word-of-mouth and referrals from allied medical professionals.
For almost 40 years, the current owner has been practicing a mix of acupuncture, chiropractic, physiotherapy, nutritional supplements, Chinese herbs, cold laser, infrared, and the application of Functional Medicine. Functional Medicine is a holistic approach, considering the physical, mental and emotional aspects of a person, as well as their medical and family history, lifestyle and habits. It includes lab testing and herbs and nutritional supplementation. The vast majority of income comes from acupuncture treatments and herb and supplement sales.
The following income and expense summaries are derived from an average of income and adjusted* expenses from 2017-2021. Note that the owner had office hours of only four days per week in 2017-2019 and three half- days per week in 2020-2021.
Average gross yearly revenue (5 years): $408,669 ($34,056/month)
Average adjusted* yearly expenses (5 years): $124,293 ($10,358/month)
*Adjusted expenses are the net expenses that a new owner would have to take on in order to run the business at the same level of revenue as the current owner
Average $284,376 per year ($23,698/month)
- The price is based on a conservative professional valuation of $435,314 with an average yearly gross of $408,669 for the past several years. She expects the right person will retain her patients and transition smoothly, making this a great opportunity for the buyer.
- The purchase will be structured as an asset purchase agreement and may be drawn up between buyer and seller (preferred) or by attorneys, at the discretion and by agreement of both parties.
- Approval of the buyer is subject to a credit check, and loans from medical practice brokers, banks, or the Small Business Administration (SBA) may be available to finance the transaction depending on the buyer’s creditworthiness.
- Upon purchase, the new owner will receive all clinic patient records and equipment in addition to any herbal and supplement inventory. The current owner will also transfer to the new owner all clinic-related intellectual property, including the clinic phone number, website, Office Ally EHR and billing system, Wix mass email program, and clinic-related financials.
- The landlord is willing to transfer the lease or start a new one, and the current owner will facilitate interaction with the landlord in order to secure favorable lease terms.
- The current owner would be willing to stay on for a limited time to train a new owner and to assist in the transition, if so desired by the new owner.
While the current practice nets a healthy return, a motivated buyer could significantly increase their income upon acquisition through a number of simple changes.
- Work more hours. The current owner has office hours three half-days per week, leaving plenty of room to work more hours in the clinic, which would obviously increase revenue.
- Add additional practitioners. In addition to or in lieu of working more hours, the practice could easily support other providers as renters or employees during times when the office is unoccupied, including weekends.
- Accept insurance. The practice is proud to be a low- maintenance, all-cash practice. An enterprising new owner could certainly attract more business by accepting and billing insurance.
- Do some marketing. The practice does no significant marketing outside of its web presence. There is a database full of patient information that could be used for marketing directly to current and former patients, but the clinic has been busy enough that these resources have not been leveraged. Doing any kind of additional marketing would create more opportunities for an increase in new patients and a return of pre-existing patients.
- Improve online presence. The current owner has been successful without putting too much effort into creating an online presence. Blogging, upgrading the website, paid online marketing, and doing some email marketing all hold great potential to improve awareness of the clinic in order to generate more revenue.
- Sell more supplements. Giving a greater percentage of patients the option of herbs and supplements offers another opportunity for increased revenue.
About The Area
Photos of the Clinic (click to enlarge)
Take advantage of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to step into an established, turn-key practice in a gorgeous location! Call (415) 518-2308 or click here to email us today.
Copyright 2022 - Optimal Health