Des Moines, Washington
Unique opportunity to
own an amazing zero-maintenance acupuncture practice south of Seattle
Step into this rare, once-in-a-lifetime, turn-key opportunity to run the practice of your dreams. Call or email us today, come by and spend some time with us, and be thriving in a couple of short months!
Unique opportunity to own a lucrative, high-net practice in Des Moines, Washington. Rejuve Acupuncture (Rejuve), currently the acupuncture practice of Cindy Wu, is located along the shore of Puget Sound between Seattle and Tacoma, with easy access to both. With an affluent and health-conscious population and consistent return business, the opportunity to have an abundant practice drawing from two major metropolitan areas is available from the moment you step in.
Imagine grossing more than $400,000 per year with plenty of time off for vacation! No marketing necessary—the reputation of this practice keeps a steady flow of new patients streaming in. Low overhead, years of records, and consistent patient flow mean you’ll continue to keep your costs predictably low.
Work in the practice yourself, hire another associate, and/or sublease some of your space, and you have the chance to add even more success to an already prosperous practice. Whether you are a practitioner who is just starting out, an established clinician with some years under your belt, or just a smart businessperson who’d prefer to manage a practice without seeing patients yourself.
Rejuve offers the chance to hit the ground running. Step into this rare, once-in-a-lifetime, turn-key opportunity to run the practice of your dreams in one of the most tranquil and rapidly growing areas in the country. Call or email us today, come by and spend some time with us, and be thriving in a few short months.
Learn much more below.
- The Setting
- Patient Demographics
- Modalities Utilized
- Opportunities for Growth
- Office Photos
- The community of Des Moines is well located between Seattle (15 miles north) and Tacoma (20 miles southwest).
- The combined Seattle-Tacoma metropolitan area contains more than two-thirds of Washington’s population, all within reach of our office.
- The town itself is shadowed by majestic Mount Rainier and the Olympic Mountain Range, and sits on the eastern bank of Puget Sound. Most of the city rolls gently down to the waters of Puget Sound, allowing many unobstructed views of the sound and Vashon Island.
- The 1,180 square foot clinic sits downtown near the town’s beautiful marina.
- It is the only commercial unit in a building that is otherwise comprised of residential condominiums, and is owned by the clinic’s current owner.
- The office consists of a waiting/reception area; three treatment rooms; a practitioner’s office; a kitchenette which doubles as an herbal dispensary; abundant storage; an ADA-compliant bathroom; and plenty of parking.
- Note that the current owner is willing to consider selling the office space as well.
- The clinic feels bright and cheery, with large windows and a view of the water from the front door. It is also cozy in the winter, each room having its own temperature controls.
- Rejuve is a non-specialty practice, seeing everything from subclinical and acute orthopedic conditions to chronic issues that have not responded to other medical interventions.
- The patient population generally spans from teens to great grandparents, and everyone in between. That said, the majority of current patients are women between the ages of 25 and 60.
- The practice has averaged about 230 patients per month, with several new patients per week, with over a decade of patient files.
- The numbers of patients per month in 2021 has trended significantly higher.
- At least 60% of patients continue to come in for maintenance on a consistent basis.
- About 80% of patients have insurance, and the remaining 20% pay cash.
- Most patients are from communities within 25 miles of the office.
- Given the clinic’s long history in the area, almost all patients are referred by word-of-mouth and local practitioners, while many come through the practice’s online presence and exceptional reviews on Yelp and Google.
- The current owner is happy to provide years of past calendars to prove consistent patient volume.
- The current owner has been quite uncomplicated in the methods used to treat patients, primarily employing simple Zang-Fu diagnosis and treatment methodologies, while also incorporating Richard Tan and Master Tung techniques as needed. She occasionally does cupping, rarely uses moxa, and prescribes herbal formulas and supplements on a limited basis.
- The current owner does a limited amount of Point Injection Therapy. A new owner could be trained in these techniques in very little time.
The following income and expense summaries are derived from an average of income and adjusted expenses from 2018-2020.
- Average gross yearly revenue (3 years): $418,127 ($34,844/month)
- Average adjusted expenses: $128,003 yearly ($10,667/month)
Adjusted expenses are the net expenses that a new owner would have to take on in order to run the business at the same level of revenue as the current owner.
- Average $290,123/year ($24,177/month) – About 70% of revenue is profit after expenses.
- The price is based on a conservative professional valuation of over $435,000, with an average yearly gross of almost $420,000 for the past several years.
- The owner’s motivation to sell in a timely fashion has allowed her to generously factor in a discount off of the valued price for potential attrition and start-up costs on change of ownership. The owner expects the right person will retain her patients and transition smoothly, making this a great opportunity for the buyer.
- The purchase will be structured as an asset purchase agreement, and may be drawn up between buyer and seller (preferred) or by attorneys, at the discretion and by agreement of both parties.
- Approval of the buyer is subject to a credit check, and loans from medical practice brokers, banks, or the Small Business Administration (SBA) may be available to finance the transaction depending on the buyer’s creditworthiness.
- The seller may also be willing to hold the loan given a 50% down payment from the buyer.
- Upon purchase, the new owner will receive all patient records and equipment, in addition to any supplement inventory.
- The current owner will also transfer to the new owner all clinic-related intellectual property, including the clinic phone number, website, Facebook page, claimed Yelp page, medical records, and clinic-related financials.
- The current owner also owns the office space and is willing to consider selling it along with the practice. Otherwise, the current owner will act as buyer’s landlord and is willing to create favorable lease terms for the new owner.
- The current owner’s goal is to surrender the practice by the end of April 2022. She would be willing to stay on for a limited time to train a new owner in her techniques and to assist in the transition, if so desired by the new owner, at no additional cost.
While the current practice nets a healthy return, a motivated buyer could significantly increase their income upon acquisition through a number of simple changes.
- Work more hours in the clinic. There is plenty of room for a new owner to work additional hours in the practice, which would of course increase income.
- Add additional practitioners. In addition to or in lieu of working more hours, the practice could easily support at least one more provider during the times when the office is unoccupied.
- Do Point Injection Therapy (PIT). The current owner does a limited amount of Point Injection Therapy but does not market it at all. Practicing PIT requires attending and passing an accredited point injection course. A new owner could significantly increase their revenue by adding this modality and advertising its availability.
- Do some marketing. The clinic does very little marketing outside of its web presence. There is a database full of patient information that could be used for marketing directly to current and former patients, but the clinic has been busy enough that these resources haven’t been leveraged. Doing any kind of additional marketing would create more opportunities for an increase in new patients and a return of pre-existing patients.
- Improve online presence. The current owner has been successful without putting too much effort into maintaining a significant online presence. Blogging, improving the website, paid online marketing, and doing some email marketing all hold great potential to improve awareness of the clinic in order to generate more revenue.
- Sell more supplements. Only a minority of patients currently take a limited smattering of herbal medicine. Giving a greater percentage of patients the option of supplements or other products offers another opportunity for increased revenue.
Some select photos of our beautiful space... (click to enlarge)
Take advantage of this exceptional opportunity to run your own high-profit, low-maintenance clinic. Fill out the contact form below, call (206) 617-8796, or email [email protected] today.
Copyright 2022 - Rejuve Acupuncture