Scottsdale Integrative Acupuncture
Own a high end, all-cash acupuncture practice in Scottsdale
Learn more about this extraordinary opportunity to step into a profitable practice in a gorgeous area, currently offered at a great price!
Unique opportunity to own a lucrative, high-end, all-cash practice in the world-famous community of Scottsdale, Arizona. Scottsdale Integrative Acupuncture (SIA) is located in Old Town Scottsdale, in the heart of the city’s most exclusive zip code. With an affluent and health-conscious population and consistent return business, the opportunity to have an abundant practice drawing from a major metropolitan area is available the moment you step in.
Imagine making over $100,000 per year working no more than 4 days per week with plenty of time off for vacation. No additional marketing necessary—the reputation of this practice, along with its top Google ranking and #1 in-area reviews, and proximity to the Phoenix metropolitan area means you’ll continue to keep your schedule full. Add more hours, hire an associate, and/or grow the residual membership program, and you have the chance to add even more success to an already prosperous practice.
Whether you are a practitioner who is just starting out or an established clinician with some years under your belt, Scottsdale Integrative Acupuncture offers you the chance to hit the ground running. Now is the perfect time to relocate - the State of Arizona offers an extremely generous universal recognition and reciprocity policy.
Step into this rare, once-in-a-lifetime, turn-key opportunity to run the practice of your dreams in one of the most renowned and prosperous areas of the country. Call or email us today, come by and spend some time with us, and be thriving in a few short months
Learn much more below.
Income & Expenses
Opportunities for Growth
Video & Photos
- The City of Scottsdale is located 10 miles east of downtown Phoenix and is part of the greater Phoenix Metropolitan Area.
- It has a population of just over 250,000 with easy access to the millions of others who live throughout the metropolitan area.
- Stretching over 30 miles along the northern reaches of the Sonoran Desert, Scottsdale residents include many celebrities and professional athletes as well as a steady stream of year-round tourists - all who enjoy front row seats to abundant sunshine, limitless outdoor activities, and unforgettable sunsets.
- The perfect aesthetics stretch beyond the picturesque desert, with many museums, top-tier restaurants, farmer’s markets, and retail establishments. Head north a short distance and you have access to hike and bike through 256 miles of spring wildflowers in the pristine McDowell Sonoran Mountains, the nation’s largest urban preserve.
- The clinic is located in the heart of Scottsdale’s most upscale shopping area, surrounded by restaurants, coffee shops, museums, and frequent sporting events, as well as food and art festivals.
- The office consists of 2 treatment rooms, a waiting/reception area, and front office. Janitorial services and all utilities are included in rent.
- Located in a building designed by world-famous architect David Hovey, the office includes access to the onsite state-of-the-art fitness center, locker room, indoor pool, as well as large multi-use spaces you can use to give talks and teach classes.
- The building is located directly on Scottsdale Road (the main artery running through the city) and comes with reserved, garage parking and 24-hour onsite security.
- SIA specializes in Cosmetic Acupuncture and pain management.
- SIA is the only practice in Arizona to specialize in Cosmetic Acupuncture and its associated modalities. That being said, a large percentage of chief complaints are stress-related and treatments for orthopedics are common considering the high activity level of the patient population.
- The practice sees an equal number of women and men, most between 35-70 years old.
- Most patients are affluent professionals or stay-at-home parents, and the clinic is 100% pay at the time of service.
- Many patients have been coming in consistently for years. The current owner averages 20-25 visits per 4-day week.
- The practice does not market and most new patients are from communities within 25 miles of the office.
- Given the practice’s long history and excellent community reputation, almost all are referred through word-of-mouth, while some come through the practice’s exceptional online presence and walk-ins.
- The current owner is happy to provide past calendars to prove consistent patient volume.
- While trained in TCM acupuncture, the current owner employs classic TCM acupuncture as well as cosmetic acupuncture techniques, Dr. Richard Tan’s Balance Method, and motor points as needed. A new owner could be easily trained in these techniques.
- Cupping and/or gua sha are employed for those with orthopedic or pain-related complaints. Herbal medicine and supplements are provided to about 25% of patients; all medications are drop-shipped through a prescription service to keep inventory costs low.
The following income and expense summaries are derived from averages from 2017-2019. Note that the current owner works a maximum of four days per week and takes several weeks off per year.
Average gross yearly revenue (3 years): $102,479+ ($8,540/month)
Average adjusted expenses: $69,745 yearly ($5,812/month)
Average $32,735 per year (~$2,728/month)
- The price is based on the practice’s history in Scottsdale, along with a conservative professional valuation and an average yearly gross of over $100,000 for the past several years.
- The owner began the practice from the ground-up in 2015 and quickly turned it into one of Arizona’s most successful practices and has been listed as “Best of Scottsdale” since 2017.
- The current owner expects the right person will retain her patients and transition smoothly, making this a great opportunity for the buyer.
- The purchase will be structured as an asset purchase agreement and may be drawn up between buyer and seller (preferred) or by attorneys at the discretion and by agreement of both parties.
- Approval of the buyer is subject to a credit check, and loans from medical practice brokers, banks, or the Small Business Administration (SBA) may be available to finance the transaction depending on the buyer’s creditworthiness.
- The seller may also be willing to hold the loan for the right buyer.
- Upon purchase, the new owner will receive all patient records and equipment including all professional-grade cosmetic treatment equipment including top of the line LED Light Therapy panels, Microcurrent machine, High-Frequency machine, and Vacuum cupping device.
- The current owner will also transfer to the new owner all clinic-related intellectual property, including the clinic phone number, valuable website and Facebook page, claimed Yelp page, Acuity scheduling and EMR system, Mailchimp email marketing application, and clinic-related financials. (Note that monthly or yearly fees for current electronic applications will be the responsibility of the new owner after the sale.)
- The landlord is willing to transfer the lease and the current owner will facilitate interaction with the landlord in order to secure favorable lease terms.
- The current owner would be willing to stay on for a limited time to train a new owner in her techniques and to assist in the transition, if so desired by the new owner, at no additional cost.
While the current practice nets a healthy return, a motivated buyer could significantly increase their income upon acquisition through a number of simple changes.
- Work more hours – Given that the current owner only works 4 days per week and takes up to six weeks off per year, working more hours would obviously increase revenue.
- Accept insurance – SIA is currently a low-maintenance, all-cash practice. But an enterprising new owner could certainly attract more business by accepting and billing insurance.
- Expand insurance offerings – The current owner is on only one insurance panel (Aetna) and receives a steady flow of referrals from them. Becoming a preferred provider for more insurance companies would expand the net of potential patients and new referrals.
- Add additional practitioners – In addition to or in lieu of working more hours, the practice could easily support at least one more provider during the times when the office is unoccupied.
- Grow wellness membership program – The current owner has been successful without putting too much effort into this program. Increasing membership of patients in the monthly wellness program holds great potential to increase residual income as well as guarantee a minimum monthly revenue stream.
- Do some marketing - SIA does very little marketing outside of our web presence. SIA has a database full of patient information - including a mailing list with over 1,000 subscribers - that could be used for marketing directly to current and former patients. SIA is currently busy enough that we haven’t been using this marketing technique. Doing any kind of additional marketing would create more opportunities for an increase in new patients and a return of pre-existing patients.
- Sell more supplements - Only about 25% of SIA patients currently take herbal medicine and supplements. Giving a greater percentage of patients the option of herbs and supplements offers another opportunity for increased revenue.
Pictures of the Clinic
Take advantage of this rare opportunity to step into a highly desirable, all-cash practice. Call (480) 427-0373, or click here to email us today.
Copyright 2021 - Excellent Spirit LLC